Want to up your leadership game?
Leadership is challenging and it doesn’t come naturally to most of us. To add insult to injury, ‘followers’ tend to hold us to very high standards. It is not surprising that I often see leaders feeling overwhelmed, anxious, or like an imposter.
Leadership is seldom taught, and even more seldom taught well. When leaders fail to magically transform into natural leaders after receiving the title (and if they are lucky a two-day course) the consequences can be dire for them and their team.
Rachel has provided White Associates with coaching for our senior leadership team, I wanted someone to grow this team into industry leaders and as part of my succession plan for the business. Rachel is highly effective, understood what I wanted to achieve and delivered outstanding results. The growth in my senior management team has been amazing and much of this is due to Rachel’s influence. I cannot recommend Rachel highly enough and I can assure you that engaging Rachel will be a great decision for you or your companyGraham White, Founding Director White Associates (Cost Consultants)
Leaders needs are varied and complex
I don’t have any one size fits all approach for leadership coaching. Each engagement is customised to the leader based on what their unique needs are. I can’t begin to remember all the challenges I have stood alongside leaders on over twenty years, here are some that reappear and hence stay in my memory:
- Balancing multiple life roles e.g. leader, team member, mother, partner, friend, carer, community person
- Stress and guilt, twinned with, yep more stress and guilt
- Dealing with those horrible working relationships that sap the joy from the job (and sometimes even your home life)
- Perfectionist leaders with a tendency to micromanage, and difficulty stepping back from this
- Managing tendencies for negativity and irritability in the office (and home)
- Feeling stuck or trapped in a role or complex situation unable to move forward
“Rachel has provided high level mentoring and coaching for myself in my management role for many years. I have always found Rachel knowledgeable, trustworthy and very focused on results. I would have no hesitation in recommending Rachel in all forms of coaching or mentoring for personal, leadership and organisational development.”Martin Adams, General Manager, Geocivil
Evidence-Based Leadership Coaching
Regardless of the challenge, as with all my coaching my tools and approach is first and foremost evidence-based.
Although the content differs wildly, coaching does have a consistent rhythm that look a bit like this:
- We begin with getting clear on what you want to achieve. Sometimes this involves a manager and/or HR
- We agree times and places for meeting e.g. Zoom session every fortnight for 10 weeks.
- After every session you will have exercises and activities to try in your real life
- At the end we review what you have achieved and what you need to put in place to continue your growth
- We report back to your manager if relevant.
To know if working with me might be right for you or one of your team it is easier to get in touch. I offer an obligation and hard-sell-free 60 minute coaching session to leaders I have not worked with before.
Rachel was the HR manager at IPL soon after I took on my Team Leadership role, she coached me through the first year of this role and is skilled in linking business growth and direction with personal growth and direction. Her skills in helping our organisation set its direction for the future as a group and individuals were fantastic. She has multiple ways to help coach people and is adaptable to the individuals style and I would be happy to have Rachel back coaching me.Brendan Adams, Operations Manager IPL
Rachel has a talent for coaching, she helped me individually coaching me through personal development areas for my role. I have also observed her coaching others with great results.Krystal Riley. NorthTec
Rachel is an extremely professional and likeable person who is passionate about her work and the people she coaches. I have personally had Rachel as a coach and she has coached my staff, all agree that the experience has been life changing.Steve Fraser. MD KRP Thaliand
watch this space.
As a coach [Rachel] is dedicated to getting the best from her clients. She has an empathetic approach to interpersonal communication and an innate understanding of people and their individual motivations and limitations. She is driven to challenge and guide people to achieve their best. I highly recommend Rachel as a coachAlice Cranston, Interior Designer and Firefighter